Monday, March 2, 2009

Spring is here

Ya I know it has been a while since the last post and if I thought that it mattered to many people what I write here I might apologize, but I don't think it does so I won't. I will however explain why it has been a while since my last posting.

well the job has been quite busy lately and I will just give you a quick rundown on some data from the last month here in my fair little town.
burglaries, sex crimes, runaways, deaths, and the usual assortment of other criminal activity.

now on top of that all of the burglaries were in part of a larger rash that encompassed two other counties and three other departments.

So what I am getting at is that have been busy. Enough of that. On to something more fun.


Spring is acting kind of like it wants to appear here. Spring gets me excited. I much prefer the warm weather to the bone chilling, energy sapping, frozen tundra that this place turns into in the winter. With the spring comes time to plant the gardens and watch the green grow. If i hadn't become a cop I probably would have gone into business as a owner of a green house. I love to grow stuff. There is just something about putting a seed in the ground, tending it, harvesting the plants and eating it. It is kind of rewarding the same way hunting is.

I can here it now "Wait a second Private Tower. Did you just compare gardening to hunting?" Yes I did.
"But hunting is so violent and primal it is nothing like growing a vegetable. Gardening is peace full and hunting is violent a cruel."

Get life. hunting is by far less cruel than gardening. With hunting you have to "hunt" your prey. it takes talent and actual skill. Not to say gardening doesn't, just a different kind. And if you think about the morals behind it, gardening is by far more sick and twisted. Maybe that is why I enjoy it so. Let me explain.

When you hunt you are tracking and stalking prey. If you are lucky like, me or good enough at it like others, you catch some prey and dispatch it, quickly, with a firearm or other humanely acceptable weapon. It is relatively fair if you think about it in the normal food chain sense. Not gardening.

Gardening reminds me of serial killer or other sick behavior. Think about it. You plant something and tend it. You nourish it to maturity, all along the way caring for it. Making sure it is fed and watered. You pull the weeds and exterminate harmful pests. Then when the plant, which is alive I might add, is ready, you chop it down or rip the part of its flesh off that you want and then boil it or bake it, or even more barbaric you eat it raw.

And farmers of textile plants like cotton or flax are worse. They harvest the fibers and then wear them. Sound like any famous killers ?

I love gardening. I can't wait to plant.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

"Inch by inch, row by row, someone help my garden grow..."

Because of that hippy song you listened to over and over when Chris was helping you last year, you may be on your own! Actually, I'm going to utilize his twisted skills he helped you with on your own garden and plant one of our own. Then we can share in each other's barbarism!