Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's beardface` damn it!





















Thats right October 15 has come and gone and that means it's beard season at the department. This is my fine specimen of Beardus Americanus or the American Beard, facial hair, and as it is known in some areas, the cheek hide. There is kind of an unspoken contest that erupts around this date at the Office. You know. Who can grow the manliest facial hair the quickest? I believe I am in the lead. The photos are of the beard 7 days in. looks pretty good eh?




















I have included a pensive look in this photo so that you may all bask in the intelligence that my beard exudes. As a matter of fact after only a week of growth my beard began talking in full sentences with polysyllabic words. After another week I am afraid of what my beard might do. Perhaps it will find a cure for cancer, but I think it more likely to use its power for evil, and send monetary contributions to the Obama campaign........... or maybe it will just trip an old grandma in the park.




















This is a photo of my beard accusing a passer by of bad form. When asked how the beard was fairing, my wife told me to stay away from her. Poor beard. He will probably never know a womans soft touch or bask in the deep and inviting bliss that one experiences while clutched in a lovers arms..... no, not this beard. This beard is destined for the kind of loneliness reserved for those who have gambled and lost in life's great game of love. A cold and bitter loneliness. But more bitter than cold because beards are inherently warm by their furry nature, but bitter none the less, and empty.

stay tuned for weekly beard updates............ at least until the itching drives the beards host to the brink of insanity and the beard get shaved........... which could be tomorrow.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I had to read this out loud to Chris for full, "true wit" potential.

If only there was a contest at the office for patchiest facial hair growth...Chris could win that easily!

Thanks for the laughs!

Brittany said...

That was TOO FUNNY! I needed a good laugh today, thanks Sam! :)